The Kymeta Osprey u8 provides a complete customized connectivity platform for the military community for communications-on-the-move (COTM), networks-on-the-move (NOTM), and communications-on-the-pause (COTP). This new terminal mounts easily on a wide array of military vehicles and vessels to provide connectivity in remote and challenging locations.
Why is the u8 antenna perfect for OneWeb?
– Tracks LEO satellites while fixed, on the pause, or on the move with a single antenna
– Handles fast handoffs between beams and between satellites
– Electronically scanned antenna operation resulting in high reliability
– Low power consuming and can be powered by a standard vehicle and vessel battery system or solar
– Easily installed with no need for cranes, precise alignment or calibration
Designed and tested to military specifications including MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-1275.
Modular equipment bay enables users to field install mission specific cartridges.
Military color, CARC coatings, and a low profile make the Osprey u8 one of the lowest visibility terminals on the market.
Operation in the most demanding land mobile and maritime environments require design considerations for extreme conditions.
Anticipating the arrival of LEO constellations, the Osprey u8 can be expanded from GEO operation to dual GEO/LEO operation when available, providing the user with Multi-Orbit / Multi-Network mission capability.
Copyright, 2023 Athena Telecommunications LLC. All right reserved.